Monday, May 02, 2005

crap

Ok, so I think I am officially a crappy blogger. It's been a while. In the meantime, I've been bingeing on housewares all over the metro area. Our latest victim was Ikea tonight. Plant stands. Bedside stands. Phone stand. Lofted bed for Abbey. Pots and pans hanger. I got a call today from the bank inquiring about odd activity on my account. Yes, it is odd for me/us to be spending like this. Nice thing they called, but does it mean this is out of control?

I'm not really worried about us being out of control with spending, though. At some point, when we have the general house stuff, we won't be spending like fools. The relatively ODD part about the whole thing is that even though Stephen and I saved for this sort of opportunity, we are feeling out of sorts with all this shopping. We aren't used it it, therefore we are feeling like the world is caving a little. Plus, we've (...he's) spent countless hours assembling random pieces of furniture. And pulling out carpet nails and laying flooring and painting. Did I mention that Stephen is working a lot harder than I am on all of this? Don't get me wrong; I'm working, too. But he seems to be carrying us a little better than I am =)

So I shouldn't be complaining. We have our house, and we are *really* happy with it. But we are ready to be done with the moving-in part. I'm quite certain this is probably normal.

And we are having a 30th bday party for Stephen on Thursday, cinco de Mayo. Since it's 05/05/05, it will be starting at 5:05 pm. Maybe that's why we are going a little nuts trying to get the place decent. It probably won't matter after some TASTY KEG BEER...

So I guess we should relax a little. The house payments don't come until next month...

No comments: