Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Tuesday

Random things you could have heard/witnessed if you were the fly on the wall at our house tonight:

"I really need to stop eating so much chocolate." (MS)
This was after trying on two pairs of pants to figure out what to wear to work tomorrow.
"But there is so much room for chocolate in my life." (MS)
"Did you just say 'There is so much room for chocolate in my life'"? (SG)

"I'm so cute." (SG)
"No, you aren't." (MS)
"Yes, I am." (SG)
"Moms lie." (MS)
"That's the number one rule. Moms lie." (MS)

So after Abbey was thrilled half to the stars by me picking up KFC and bringing it home for supper (my plan since last night when I smelled something similarily good as I headed into the chiropractor), she came back to earth after she confessed that she hadn't indeed read the assignment of chapters 9 - 15 in her reading book for school nor had she finished the questions that go with them. Why do these things always come out at 8:15 when she is in the shower? And after she has sworn that she is done with all of her homework? Parenting. A tough job, but yes, it is ultimately rewarding. Moreso on nights unlike tonight. At 8:15. While the kid's in the shower. So it's no allowance for this week and no SNL on Saturday. Make lemonade with those lemons. There's always SNL next week.

You know you are a dedicated step-mom when you turn your kid's LIGER shirt inside out whilst ironing so as not to distrub the decal on the front. Dedicated or nuts. I prefer dedicated. No wrinkly kid here =)

No comments: