Monday, November 14, 2005

cast away

I got a letter from the church I grew up in stating that if they do not hear from me they must consider removing my name from their membership roles. I finally wrote back tonight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 14, 2005



Dear _________,

Thank you for the letter. As I am permanently living in Minneapolis, please release me from membership from St. Mark’s Lutheran Church. While St. Mark’s served me well growing up, I do not desire to be part of a LCMS church as an adult, and I will not be transferring membership at this time. My best to Pastor Roth and Geneal as well as the families I grew up with. I will still be attending Christmas services with my parents.



Sincerely,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you think of that? I am officially a member of NO church. That feels kind of weird. So if I have to have a funeral, where would that take place? Is the Christmas disclaimer lame?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo M, James TB here. I don't know your eMail address, & I can't find it on this Blog either. Didn't see any eMail from you on my CANCANDANCER @ HOTMAIL [.] COM address.

I could have sworn I saw Jason Staggs in here while searching for my previous comment.

E-male/ me.

Anonymous said...

PS-
Might as well gain membership to
Luciferian Remote Viewing Group
now that you are "Free".
;-)

Anonymous said...

Okay, if you're gonna keep me here
I might as well give a little..

Submission X