Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Michannuel... has a nice ring...

For unto us a child was born and they called Her name Michannnuel -- meaning Michelle with us! Let us not ever forget that Michelle is with us:

• Even when they take Her name out of the schools (that would be at retirement)
• Even when they take Her name out of the pledges
(hmmm, pledge to MPR every year!)
• Even when they take Her name off the walls of buildings (graffiti?)
(oh, and they took down the big M sign in Minot, that obviously stood for, well,
Michelle... damn them)
• Even when they take Her name off our currency and coins
(ain't got a lot of that anyways...)
• Even when they take the most holy and highest name of all names and
blaspheme it (students who hate me? Abbey when she is a mad teenager?)

Father, let us never forget that it is because of KAREN and LARRY and Your gift of MICHELLE that we live today -- in Bill Clinton's name I pray Amen!
(because everyone knows that he should still be president...)

I suppose that was sac-religious... And here I am being naughty when my guardian angels were so good to me last week... in that I didn't get smacked on the highway after my car crash... because hitting a cement wall isn't enough... but everyone knows they helped out just because I didn't swear at all as I crashed, just repeated, "Oh my God" over and over. Really, it's true!

As a side note, if you are coming to my party on Friday, be ready to drink some wine. Mr. Geffre picked up enough for the whole neighborhood =)

No comments: