Sunday, June 26, 2005

muggorama

Could it be any more muggy than this? (Uh, I know it COULD, but damn, is it uncomfortable outside!) Just got back from the Walljasper's house where Abbey and I ate supper and went for a walk. The timing was just right for me b/c Stephen is shooting a wedding today and if you know anything about our household, you should know that he is the cook... And since he wasn't going to be around for supper today, the prospects were lookin' bleak. Actually from a kid's standpoint, it's good as I CAN make mac and cheese (can you even claim to be able to COOK that?) So she probably would have enjoyed being home vs kabobs, but I though it was a-ok! And she got lots of time to play Polly Pocket with Yana (one of her closest friends) while the parents and I had cheese and wine, so it was all good =)

Abbs and I went to see The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants today at the MOA theater. This was a big thing because we don't often go to movies together. They're expensive and being the annoying parents we are, we usually make her do boring free stuff like, oh, go on an hour bike ride along Minnehaha Parkway (this morning). Yes, we have even mall walked in search of ways to get "family exercise." I feel like someone who would own a mini-van when I say that. Sorry if you own a mini-van. Anyways, it was actually a pretty good movie; even made me teary-eyed a little. And not just at how in-shape the girl who plays Bridget is in. So sitting there though the trailers, I got that settle-in-this-is-awesome feeling about movies that I rarely get because I don't watch them all that often, even at home. And Abbey was quite the cuddle-bug, which I relish now because I know that she'll more or less be done with that within a few years. Good experience overall. Some parts of the movie were a little over her head (subtle parts about things that had happened, like one of the girls losing her virginity) but that's ok because she likes to re-watch movies, and it will be a good one for her to see again in a couple of years.

That's all for now. Couldn't find my camera before we went over for supper, so nothing to put up...

No comments: