Wednesday, February 16, 2005

caught up

Well, time and sickness finally caught up with me; I'm home sick wondering if I can gather up enough energy to go to urgent care to see if this is something worse than a cold/laryngitis/general winter sick. Maybe in an hour or so. Yeah, that's kind of arbitrary.

Sunday Lisa and Nick had Lauren's first birthday party... It's a lot of fun watching her grow. I have experience with parenting from about 4.75 and on, but the baby and toddler stuff I'm NOT so good with. Our parents were in town, Chris and Cindy over, and other people as well. It was nice to be with family. However, I do think I caught the laryngitis from Pa S. My parents were teasing me about all the Augsburg stuff, wondering if they were good enough to hang with =) Really, I don't meet fancy people very often. It just so happened that a lot of things were happening at once...

But now I'm stuck at home not doing much of anything... sleeping, drinking lots of water, searching for houses online, looking at other people's accounts of Valentine's Day. Reading Tony's blog, which usually has something interesting. Speaking of Valentine's Day, it has to be one of the most anticlimactic holidays in my life. The number of crappy VDays we have had definitely outweigh the good ones. Maybe we should work to reverse that trend. Or maybe we should think of holidays as Chris does... Isn't it better to show appreciation any day of the year and avoid the overcommercialization of everything the capitalist outfit reigns over? Does that even make sense? Is a poor sick English teacher losing her grip on the English language because she hasn't the energy to think so clearly on a fine Wednsday afternoon?

Anyways, I'll raise my glass again to the Current, which keeps moving along as a fine, fine new radio station. I knew Mary Lucia had to come back some day... And I knew that with all this damn water...

No comments: