Saturday, February 19, 2005

Hot Toddies

So I just linked up with Amanda on Friendster and am feeling happy about that. We were in a p-rock band a decade ago, Madaline. Her profile says that she needs a vacation and that she is single. I think she needs to come spend a weekend in Mpls! And we need to talk about this single thing. Really? I did get to see her over the holidays in Minot (at Ebenezer's) when Stephen and I were hanging with Jen, the third girl in Madaline, who is an art teacher now in Fargo/Moorhead. Maybe, just maybe. A Madaline reunion? Don't get your hopes up. I gave the bass to Wade when we divorced. Figured he'd need it more than me as he yearned to play guitar by the sea. And Stephen sold his bass to move here when Kari decided to move here with Abbey. So... not so sure.

Anyways, I'm not doing a good job of getting out of the house today. I wanted to sleep in since I don't get to very often, but then it just got out of hand and I felt like I was wasting time. We had planned on going to the Fineline with Lisa and Nick last night, but Lisa has been sick, too, so they decided to not go, and Stephen and I ended up watching fine TV... 3rd Watch (which I do like) merged with Medical Emergency (which I hate.) I guess Paul and Anna and some of their friends were headed to the FL, too, but when it came down to it, I just wanted a night inside, lounging around, doing nothing, eating frozen pizza.

Thursday pm we ventured out into the COLD to the light rail station on 50th. Stephen had printed a photo he'd taken of Kieran (of the Local and Kieran's) and Mary Robinson (of, um, Ireland) and had Mary R. sign it at the Peace Prize Forum. (She was the main guest of honor at the Local deal we went to the Thursday before.) So then he framed it, and we went to deliver it to the manager. It's a really long walk between the LTR and the Local when it's finally MN winter COLD. After hot toddies and some bread pudding (I called it our real Valentine's dinner since I was pissy on Monday about Stephen working too much for Augsburg) we headed back to south Mpls...

One last thing. Yeah. The Mpls police officer accused of raping a woman... That's the Lifetime Stephen and I go to the most. Highland Park. Feelin' good about that one. I'm already a freak about locking my car doors the second I get into my car; I'm convinced that this fear of kidnapping was cultivated by growing up in the late 70s/80s, when kidnapping seemed to be a big deal. Then you add Dru Sjodin to the mix, whose kidnapper/murderer looks like, well, a nice little grandpa. I guess I'll go Eagan LTF to work out today. They've got a steamroom anyways.

And that's that. I need to get out of the house while it's still sunny.

No comments: