Saturday, February 26, 2005

In the eyes...

This week couldn't have come and gone much faster for me. The kids are getting crazy at school. I had four meetings in two days on top of teaching 170 kids, trying to hook up technology (after hunting down a LCD projector on the other side of the school from someone who never returns his stuff), correcting, lesson planning, making new materials. Oh, and having to do follow up on the meetings, getting work ready for an inbound kid, emailing updates on EBD kids, and trying to reply to parents who are wondering what msising work their little lovelies have. Then Thursday night, Stephen and I spent some quality time in the Emergency Room (7:00 - 11:30). After a CT scan, I learned that I've had an ocular migraine since Monday. So I got some pain meds and am already scheduled to go to my eye doctor this coming Wednesday. But it still hurts and my vision is weird in my left eye. It kinda sucks, to put it eloquently.

Yesterday, I was at a district workshop to see Dr. Dick Allington, who has some very interesting things to say on literacy and the research that has been done and the research that has been skewed by the current administration. Most I had already heard, but it's always nice to hear reiterated how fucking stupid G.W.B. is about education and testing and reading and, well things he obviously didn't pay much attention to when he was a wee lad. Gawd, why can't someone intelligent be running the country? And if you're going to answer that, then please tell me why professional athletes make so much more than teachers. I mean, c'mon. YOU tell ME... who has the highest amount of stress???

But, we got to babysit for my niece/goddaughter last night... and it is a nice sunny Saturday morning. Too bad I have mounds of correcting to do. You try that with one good eye... Now about that pay raise?

Must do: Add Dylron to list of links...

1 comment:

Dylan said...

Holy crap Michelle! I thought my roommate who teaches elementary at New Town had it tough! I guess you get to see and feel the effects of not getting paid appropriatley in more populated areas. Still, his kids do put up quite a fight...not to mention the occasional stray dog that roams the school hallways. Thats for real!
Also, Thanks for the mention! Us Minotions got to stick together!